Safety Representatives in the Workplace [Classroom Course]
Knowledge and skills training for all levels of workplace health & safety representatives
Duration: One day (8 hours)
Suggested progression: Requalification every 3 years
The topics covered on this course are:
Health and safety requirements placed on employers and employees
- Consultation and the health and safety representative
- Why employees should be consulted
- The role of the representative
Legal responsibilities of employers, employees and others in relation to consulting with staff
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Health & Safety Consultation with Employees Regulations 1996
Hazard and risk and the main causes of harm to workers
- Hazard and risk exercise
- Risk assessment
- Controlling risks
- Identifying hazards in the workplace
- The importance of following safe systems of work, procedures and rules
Hazards and controls in respect of both safety and occupational health risks
- How their actions can reduce risks to health and safety Information
- Knowing where to find information
- Assessing and verifying information
- Listening skills
- Communicating the health and safety message to others
- Being a useful committee member
- Ensuring the effectiveness of the committee
The course will conclude with candidates undertaking a multi-choice assessment, the successful completion of which will result in the candidate receiving a certificate of attendance in Safety Representatives in the Workplace.
Group prices are available on request.
Take a look at our training schedule for more information about our forthcoming training.
Book your course today
So enquire now by filling out a contact form.
Alternatively you could email us at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.