Online environmental management training for current and prospective site managers
An online course aimed at site managers and aspiring site managers who are looking to improve their overall knowledge of environmental management, as well as relevant legislation as it applies to UK construction sites.
This CITB approved course will prepare you for managing the environmental aspects of a construction site by helping you put into practice your legal, moral and social responsibilities.
Who is it for?
Site managers and supervisors who are looking to improve their overall knowledge of environmental management and legislation as it applies to UK construction sites.
To take this SMETS online course, you need to be able to read and understand English to a good standard. The course can be completed in your own time, while the exam is conducted over webcam.
What does it cover?
The course covers 10 key areas:
- Sustainable construction and the environment
- Environmental management systems
- Energy management
- Archaeology and heritage
- Ecology and biodiversity
- Statutory nuisance
- Water protection and management
- Resource efficiency
- Soil management and contamination control
- Waste management
What qualification will I get?
- You will receive a certificate proving that you have completed the Site Management Environmental Training Scheme (SMETS).
- CITB SMETS certification is valid for five years.
How does the course work?
- A fully online course to purchase and take at your own convenience.
- Requires a reliable internet connection and a desktop computer, laptop or standard-sized tablet (not a smartphone).
- Course duration is approximately 7.5 hrs.
- Course can be taken all at once or over a longer time period, as your progress is saved.
- You have 12 months to complete the course.
- Price includes the online Construction Site Safety – Environment publication (GE700 ES).
How does the exam work?
- Exam duration is 30 minutes.
- Price includes online SMETS exam by Pearson VUE.
- Can only be done on a desktop or laptop.
- You need a webcam, speakers and microphone on your device.
- After successful completion of the exam, you will receive a Score Report.
- A digital certificate is emailed after 48 hours.
- Course re-take fee is £21.