ETA Awards Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment
CSCS Green Card via e-Learning
- A computer or laptop with webcam to take the course & exam
- Current web browser (Chrome/Firefox/Edge/Safari) and video drivers
- 1Gb+ RAM
- Broadband speed of 3Mb+
About the ETA Awards Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment course:
This ETA Awards Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course is aimed at people starting out in the construction industry, and can be used as part of their induction process or as preparation for the online accredited exam.
Whilst the Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction environment provides you with a qualification in its own right, it can also form part of your CSCS green card application.
The course starts with an introduction to the legal aspects of health and safety before covering the
basics of risk assessment and safe working practices. It then goes into detail to cover the most
common hazards encountered in construction environments from Working at Height and
Respiratory Hazards to electrical and chemical hazards. The exam is included in the total price.
Modules covered in the course are:
- Hazards, Risk, Assessments and Controls
- Slips, Trips, Falls and Working at Height
- Manual Handling
- Plant, Machinery and Noise
- Respiratory Risks
- Fire, Electricity and Gas Safety
- Chemicals and Other Onsite Hazards
- Vehicles, PPE and General Safety
- Your pathway to your CSCS card
The course is approximately 2 hours long plus the exam, but there is no time limit.
About the exam:
Please read these instructions carefully prior to starting the course/exam:
- When you open the exam for the first time you are presented with the form
required by the awarding body – ETA Awards.
- You will be clearly shown the exam rules and process in text and video format.
- When you submit the form, you are taken straight into the exam, which you will sit immediately.
- You will need your ID ready for the start of the course.
- On opening the exam, you will be taken to a page where your device/equipment is checked.
- A photograph of your face & ID will be taken.
- The exam and timer will then start.
- The pass mark is 70%.
- During the exam, you will be able to see your own webcam footage at the bottom of the screen. If your face is not visible at any time you will receive a message on the screen to correct this.
- Once you have submitted your answers, recording will stop and an automatic email is generated to VideoTile, who will check your percentage score.
- Your answers and video footage will be reviewed and your pass/fail will be based upon those findings.
Who is the course accredited with?
The Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment online course is accredited by ETA Awards, an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
Can I do the e-Learning course before taking my CITB HS&E test?
YES – there’s no restriction on when you take this course, you can take it before or after the CITB HS&E test, as you need to take both to apply for the CSCS Green Card. Note: the CITB HS&E test is not provided by SAMS Ltd.
Is the ETA Award recognised by CSCS and does it meet the standard to gain your green CSCS card?
Yes – the course has been developed in conjunction with the CSCS and is fully accredited by ETA Awards. Applicants for this course can rest assured that it will be accepted as proof of competence, and is a legitimate way to assist you in gaining your Green CSCS Labourer Card.
When will I get my Health & Safety in a Construction Environment certificate?
Your e-certificate will be sent to you by the awarding body after completion of the course.