ETA Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment course
CSCS Green Card via Video e-Learning
This video based course is hosted on our partner site (Videotile). Clicking the link will redirect you to our Videotile page to purchase and undertake the course. To do this course, you will need:
- A computer or laptop with webcam to take the final exam (no MacBooks, phones, tablets or ipads)
- Current web browser (Chrome/Firefox/Edge/Safari) and video drivers
- 1Gb+ RAM
- Broadband speed of 3Mb+
About the ETA Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment online course
This ETA Awards Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course is aimed at people starting out in the construction industry, and can be used as part of their induction process or as preparation for the online accredited exam.
Whilst the Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment course provides you with a qualification in its own right, it can also form part of your CSCS Green Card (Labourer) application.
The course starts with an introduction to the legal aspects of health and safety, before covering the
basics of risk assessment and safe working practices. It then goes into detail to cover the most
common hazards encountered in construction environments, from Working at Height and
Respiratory Hazards to electrical and chemical hazards. The exam is included in the total price.
- Hazards, Risk, Assessments and Controls
- Slips, Trips, Falls and Working at Height
- Manual Handling
- Plant, Machinery and Noise
- Respiratory Risks
- Fire, Electricity and Gas Safety
- Chemicals and Other Onsite Hazards
- Vehicles, PPE and General Safety
- Your pathway to your CSCS card
The course is approximately 3 hours long plus the exam, but there is no time limit.
About the exam:
Please read these instructions carefully prior to starting the course/exam – the instructions you receive must be strictly followed:
- When you open the exam for the first time you are presented with the form
required by the awarding body – ETA.
- You will be clearly shown the exam rules and process in text and video format.
- When you submit the form, you are taken straight into the exam, which you will sit immediately.
- You will need your ID ready for the start of the course.
- On opening the exam, you will be taken to a page where your device/equipment is checked.
- A photograph of your face & ID will be taken.
- The exam and timer will then start.
- The pass mark is 70%.
- During the exam, you will be able to see your own webcam footage at the bottom of the screen. If your face is not visible at any time you will receive a message on the screen to correct this.
- Once you have submitted your answers, recording will stop and an automatic email is generated to VideoTile, who will check your percentage score.
- Your answers and video footage will be reviewed and your pass/fail will be based upon those findings.
L1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment Q&A
Who is the course accredited with?
The Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment online course is accredited by ETA Awards, an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
Can I do the e-Learning course before taking my CITB HS&E test?
YES – there’s no restriction on when you take this course, you can take it before or after the CITB HS&E test, as you need to take both to apply for the CSCS Green Card. Note: the CITB HS&E test is not provided by SAMS Ltd.
Is the ETA award recognised by CSCS, and does it meet the standard to gain your green CSCS card?
Yes – the course has been developed in conjunction with the CSCS and is fully accredited by ETA Awards. Applicants for this course can rest assured that it will be accepted as proof of competence, and is a legitimate way to assist you in gaining your Green CSCS Labourer Card.
When will I get my Health & Safety in a Construction Environment certificate?
Your e-certificate will be sent to you by the awarding body after completion of the course.
Will SAMS continue to offer CITB Health & Safety Awareness?
Yes! We have no plans to stop offering the CITB Health & Safety Awareness course. This is not only due to the quality and popularity of this course, but also because it will continue to be the first choice for many grant-payers who can claim money back for the course, as well as organisations who still require the specific knowledge passed on by CITB training.