CITB Health & Safety Awareness - 4 hour online course on foundations of health and safety for staff working in a construction environment
Duration: 4 hours
Progression: Re-qualification every 5 years
Note: Once you have made a booking, SAMS will email you the voucher code and login instructions within the next 24 hrs.
CITB Health & Safety Awareness online course
- Complete the online CITB course with SAMS and receive your certificate.
- Complete the H&S Environment test (aka touchscreen) – this is done at a CITB/Pearson Vue centre near your location.
- Apply for your CSCS card.
This course is one of two online routes to a CSCS Labourer (green) card offered by SAMS, with the other being the ETA Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (RQF).
The Qualsafe Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course previously offered by SAMS has been retired by the awarding body due to problems officiating the exams. Current QA L1 certificate holders can still qualify for a CSCS Card for the foreseeable future.
The course: The online training will take approximately 4 hours and can be completed in more than one sitting. The online interface allows you to save your progress, and pick up where you left off at a time that suits you.
The exam: Once you have completed the course, you will be invited to apply for the CITB Health & Safety Awareness exam, which you will receive by email within 24 hours of your application. You will receive your score report at the end of the exam.
We strongly recommend that you test your system prior to purchasing this e-Learning course to ensure you can access the exam. CLICK HERE to test your system now.
The certificate: Will be emailed to you by the CITB within 48 hours of passing the exam.
Should you need to resit the exam, there will be a fee of £21.00.
SAMS does not manage the exam process. For any issues, please contact the CITB here.
Please read the requirements below in order to successfully take this course:
What is the Health & Safety Awareness online course for?
The CITB Health & Safety Awareness course focuses on health and safety in the construction and civil engineering industries. Getting a CITB Health & Safety Awareness certificate will allow you to:
- Refresh your basic health and safety knowledge
- Apply for a CSCS Labourer card
What does the course consist of?
- Workers’ individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at height
- Manual handling
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment
- Occupational health
What’s included in the price?
- Access to the online course for up to 12 months
- Further information to support your learning
- Access to the online publication Construction Health and Safety Awareness (GE707) for up to 12 months
- The end of course invigilated examination, delivered online (using your own equipment) by Pearson VUE
- Please note that there is a fee payable if you need to retake your exam
What does the end of course examination involve?
- The examination consists of 25 multiple choice questions with a total score of 30
- Pass mark is 25 marks out of 30
- 20 questions are worth 1 mark
- 5 questions are worth 2 marks
- You will have 30 minutes to complete the exam. You will need valid photographic ID (a passport or UK/EU driving licence).
- If you haven’t done so already, be sure to test your system using the same network and computer you will use on the day of the exam
- If you are aged 16 to 18, your parent or guardian will need to attend the exam check-in process with Pearson VUE
What do I need to complete the CITB online course?
To complete the interactive course you need a reliable internet connection and a desktop computer or laptop (e-Learning courses are not supported on tablets or mobile handsets).
Operating/Technical Minimum Requirements:
- Internet Browser: Newest version of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari
- Operating system: Windows, Apple or Android (Windows 10 or 8.1, MacOS 10.13 and above)
- Processor: 3 GHz
- RAM: 4 GB+
- Broadband speed: 512 kbps
- Screen resolution: 1024 by 768
- Reliable and stable connection speed of 6 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up is required
- Webcam, sound and microphone (see FAQs link below/4. Technical Requirements).
- Headphones strictly not allowed
Book your Health & Safety Awareness online course today
All staff should know what their responsibilities are in terms of health and safety, regardless of the kind of work. Get in touch at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.