CITB Health & Safety Awareness Online (for CSCS card)
CITB L1 in Health & Safety; four hour online course on foundations of health & safety, for staff working in a construction environment
Duration: 4 hours
Progression: Re-qualification every 5 years
CITB Health & Safety Awareness online course
- Complete the online CITB course with SAMS and receive your certificate.
- Complete the H&S Environment test (aka touchscreen) – this is done at a centre near your location.
- Apply for your CSCS card.
This course is the equivalent to the Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment and can be used to support your application for a CSCS labourer card.
The online training will take approximately 4 hours and can be done in more than one sitting, just save your progress and go back when convenient.
Please read the requirements below in order to successfully take this course.
What is the Health & Safety Awareness online course for?
The Health & Safety Awareness course focuses on health and safety within the construction and civil engineering industry and will enable you to:
- refresh your basic health and safety knowledge
- apply for a CSCS labourer card
What does the course consist of?
- Workers’ individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others.
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled.
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site.
- Legal requirements and liabilities.
- Working at height.
- Manual handling.
- Fire prevention.
- Work equipment.
- Occupational health.
What’s included in the price?
- Access to the online course for up to 12 months.
- Access to the online publication Construction health and safety awareness (GE707), for up to 12 months.
- It provides further information to support your learning.
- The end of course invigilated examination, delivered online (using your own equipment) by Pearson VUE.
- There is a fee payable if you need to retake your exam.
What does the end of course examination involve?
- The examination consists of 25 multiple choice questions with a total score of 30.
- Pass mark is 25 marks out of 30.
- 20 questions are worth 1 mark.
- 5 questions are worth 2 marks.
- You will have 30 minutes to complete the exam. You will need valid photographic ID (a passport or UK/EU driving licence).
- If you haven’t done so already, be sure to test your system using the same network and computer you will use on the day of the exam.
- If you are aged 16 to 18, your parent or guardian will need to attend the exam check-in process with Pearson VUE.
What do I need to complete the interactive course?
To complete the interactive course you need a reliable internet connection and a desktop computer, laptop or standard-sized tablet (eCourse are not supported on mobile handsets).
- Operating system: Windows, Apple or Android.
- Processor: 3 GHz.
- RAM: 2 GB.
- Broadband speed: 512 kbps.
- Screen resolution: 1024 by 768.
- The most recent version of browser: Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari.
Book your Health & Safety Awareness online course HERE today
All staff should know what their responsibilities are in terms of health and safety, regardless of the kind of work.
Alternatively you could email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.