Duration: 1 day
Regulated Qualification ✓
Driver CPC Remote Learning
We are now able to offer Driver CPC training as a distance learning course via the Zoom video app. The courses are fully certified, and the content is the same as our usual classroom offering.
We are pleased to currently offer our CPC training for £60 per person + VAT:
About Periodic Driver CPC Training
All professional drivers that require the Driver CPC must ‘Stay Qualified’ by completing the Periodic Driver CPC.
Periodic Driver Training is where a driver must complete 35 hours of approved training every 5 years. The 5 year expiry period is indicated on the Driver CPC Qualification Card (DQC).
When an individual completes their 35 hours of Periodic Driver Training within the 5 years, DVSA will then issue a new Driver CPC Qualification Card, adding 5 years onto the previous expiry date.
Once the driver is in their last 5 years, they must then start their next 35 hours of Periodic Driver Training.
At SAMS we offer the following courses:
- Drivers Hours LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Vehicle Check LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Defensive & Safe Driving (Inc. Fatigue, Drugs & Alcohol) LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Customer Care LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Health & Safety (Fire, COSHH, Risk Assessments) LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Vulnerable Road Users LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Manual Handling LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Basic First Aid LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Emergency First Aid at Work LGV/PCV (7 hours)
Who needs to have Driver CPC
You must have Driver CPC if you drive a lorry, bus or coach as the main part of your job. You must do 35 hours of Periodic Driver Training every 5 years to keep it.
Attending a training course
When attending your Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) training course at SAMS, you must bring one of the following with you:
- a photo-card driving licence
- a valid passport
- a digital tachograph card
- a Driver CPC card
SAMS will be running training sessions periodically throughout the year. Take a look at our training schedule for more information about our forthcoming training.
CURRENTLY ALL COURSES ARE REMOTELY VIA ZOOM.
Book your course, or enquire today
Email us at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.