With a growing emphasis on environmental issues, it is to the advantage of SMEs to look at their own environmental management. This is not only a great way to save energy costs, but also to find ways to reduce their carbon footprint by optimising the delivery of their services.
Environmental management can highlight improvements in supply chains, cut down on the number of journeys required, reduce the energy use of your IT infrastructure, and more. It’s also being demanded by an increasing number of customers and clients in order to meet their expectations and targets.
The urgency of climate change is leading customers to demand action from businesses, and clients to seek assurances from their partners in order to achieve their own environmental targets. This makes environmental management a key selling point, both for end users and in the bidding or tendering processes.
Environmental consulting in Kent & London
As health and safety consultants, we have always overlapped with environmental management, especially on a practical, day-to-day basis. We’ve seen first hand that environmental management can be complex, with many organisations needing simple access to guidance, ideas, and concepts against which they can work to improve their overall environmental performance.
Safety and Management Solutions have ensured that all of our advisory and training staff hold an environmental qualification, meaning that we can offer both immediate advice on environmental issues, and support as part of a wider consultancy package. All of this is offered in addition to our regular safety and training services.
Environmental consultancy services we offer include:
- Researching and developing a simple environmental plan;
- Providing a means of recording evidence;
- Advising on small changes to working practices;
- Providing information and environmental training for staff.
At Safety and Management Solutions, we are experienced in helping SMEs demonstrate that they meet required environmental standards, making them attractive to new and existing customers/clients. We can help your business meet the requirements for the following ISO standards:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems;
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems;
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
SAMS also offers the following environmental services:
- Ensuring compliance with environmental laws;
- Reviewing business impacts on the environment (air, land & water);
- Environmental management and assessment;
- Waste management and recycling;
- Environmental compliance, with a view to gaining ISO 14001;
- Reducing pollution and emissions from vehicle mileage, deliveries and usage;
- Reducing the amount of waste sent to landfill;
- Helping to protect areas of parkland, wildlife reserves and marine biodiversity;
- Energy consumption; looking at more efficient equipment and processes;
- Resource and energy efficiency;
- Addressing statutory nuisances, such as noise, vibration and light;
- Reviews and inspections to identify areas of improvement.
Areas out of scope:
- Sourcing and recommendation of alternative, sustainable products and companies;
- Groundworks and soil testing;
- Hazardous substance identification and removal;
- Suggestions for energy-efficient machinery and equipment.
SAMS have decades of experience providing environmental management services, and have a range of flexible consultancy packages to address all of your environmental, training, and general safety needs. To discuss your requirements and arrange a consultancy or training package, get in touch with us today.