CSCS Green Card Remote Learning via Zoom
Learners will need a computer or laptop and a smartphone or tablet, unless you have a dual screen set up, for the online assessment.
Health & Safety in a Construction Environment 1 day course, Qualsafe Accredited Level 1 – see below:
For all future QA Level 1 course dates click HERE.
About the course
The QA Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment course is ideal for people who work in (or want to work in) a construction environment, and has been specifically designed to provide successful candidates with a route to applying for the Green Labourer CSCS Card.
During the QA Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment course, learners will develop a good understanding of health and safety in the context of construction, so that they can work safely in this environment.
This qualification covers the following topics:
- Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- Common causes of work-related fatalities and injuries
- Method statements and their use
- Health and safety definitions
- Hazards and risks in the construction environment
- Importance of safe manual handling in the workplace and employees’ responsibilities
- Principles of safer manual handling
- Importance of working safely at height in the workplace and employees’ responsibilities
- Hazards and potential risks associated with working at height and controls
- Risks to health within a construction environment (including asbestos exposure)
- Types of personal protective equipment (PPE) that may be used when dealing with hazardous materials
- Hazards and potential risks associated with working around plant and equipment and controls
- Hazard warning signs and symbols
- And much more!
Book your course today
To enquire or book a place on our Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course, please email us at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Why is the Qualsafe course cheaper? Is it still registered with the CSCS?
The QA Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment course is cheaper due to more efficient administration on the part of Qualsafe, compared to the CITB and IOSH courses. The awarding body for the Health & Safety in a Construction Environment course charges less for both registration and certificates, allowing us to reduce the price of the course as a result.
The lower price is not a reflection of the quality or depth of the course, which takes the same amount of time as the other two courses and covers similar topics. The Qualsafe course is officially registered with the CSCS and accepted as a pathway to your CSCS Green Card – it’s thanks to the way Qualsafe administers this course that we can pass these savings onto you.
When will I get my Health & Safety in a Construction Environment certificate?
Your certificate will appear on our Qualsafe portal within a few days and will be emailed directly to you. This is faster than we are able to provide certificates for either the CITB or IOSH courses.
Can I do the Qualsafe course before taking my CSCS test? Do I need to book my CSCS test first?
No – there’s no restriction on when you take the CSCS test or the Qualsafe course. As you need both to receive the CSCS Green Card, you can do the test and course in any order you wish.
Will SAMS continue to offer CITB Health & Safety Awareness?
Yes! We have no plans to stop offering the CITB Health & Safety Awareness course. This is not only due to the quality and popularity of this course, but also because it will continue to be the first choice for many grant-payers who can claim money back for the course, as well as organisations who still require the specific knowledge passed on by CITB training.
Is the Qualsafe course recognised by CSCS for green card? / Does it meet the standard to gain your green CSCS card?
Yes – the Qualsafe course has been developed in conjunction with CSCS, and is fully accredited. Applicants for the Qualsafe course can rest assured that it will be accepted as proof of competence, and is a legitimate way to gain your Green CSCS Labourer Card.