No matter what service or role you undertake in support of the construction industry, at SAMS Ltd we can assist you in creating an effective and workable safety system. We work with everyone and anyone connected to construction – however big you are, our service is easy to access and offers great value. Contact us today to discuss your situation and received a tailored quote.
With decades of practical knowledge and support, we can help your organisation comply with Health and Safety legislation in a way that makes you safer and more efficient. This will not only benefit your employees, but increase your exposure to companies when tendering for new contracts.
What we can do for you
We provide a range of Health and Safety services because we know that your company is unique, and we want to provide you with the right systems to provide your service.
We can help your business with the following:
- CDM advice for compliance with CDM Regulations 2015
- SSIP assessments to successfully apply for SSIP accreditation
- Creation of general health & safety policies
- Implementing a robust Health & Safety Management System
- Preparing safe systems of work (including Method Statements)
- Drawing up risk assessment templates and review systems for your business
- Assisting with H&S questionnaires & tenders
- Assisting with accreditations
- Undertaking of regular site safety inspections
- Accident and incident investigation
Under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, the Client, Principal Contractor and other dutyholders for a construction project must fulfil a series of health & safety responsibilities. This includes a number of steps which vary depending on the dutyholders involved, including preparing a health & safety file and a construction phase plan, and ensuring these are implemented.
If you lack the time, resources or knowledge to carry out these duties effectively, you may wish to appoint a CDM advisor. At SAMS, we have the experience and expertise to act as a CDM advisor for your project, ensuring that you remain fully compliant with CDM regulations.
Working as the Principal Contractor to your project, SAMS will assist both clients and other Principal Contractors in the delivery of responsibilities around CDM 2015. From start to finish, we will help you submit the necessary paperwork, and see that it is implemented correctly on site.
Our CDM advisor service can include:
- Preparation of the pre-construction information
- Preparation of the Construction Phase Plan
- Preparation of the Health & Safety file
- Briefing the client on their roles and responsibilities
- Briefing the contractor on their roles and responsibilities
- Submitting the F10 notification to the HSE
- On-site safety inspections and audits
- Help producing risk assessments and method statements
- Attendance at meetings where required.
Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) is an effort to unify health & safety standards and reduce costs in the construction industry. All SSIP member organisations uphold the same rigorous health & safety standards in line with the SSIP Core Criteria. By qualifying for an SSIP accreditation, you can demonstrate your site safety credentials, and qualify for more tenders.
SAMS can help your organisation to qualify for your SSIP scheme of choice, and achieve your SSIP accreditation. Using our knowledge and experience, we will help you to put the systems in place to work in line with the Health & Safety At Work Act 1974, and fulfil the requirements of the SSIP Core Criteria and the PAS 91 pre-qualification questionnaire.
SAMS can help you to qualify for the following SSIP schemes:
While every scheme falls in line with the SSIP Core Criteria, there are slight differences in the requirements and applications of each one. To learn more about the differences between the schemes, check out our blog post: What are SSIP schemes and why do I need one?
Our SSIP accreditation service includes:
- Telephone support
- Developing health & safety documentation
- Developing workplace management documentation
- Completing the explanatory questions
- Assisting with the application process
Site inspection service
Workplace inspections are an important tool to ensure that safety systems are being followed and implemented effectively. At SAMS, we offer single or multiple site inspections and audits to help you identify any issues present, and to advise and guide the site manager.
All inspections undertaken give rise to a written report detailing issues identified and any recommended remedial actions, with the site manager fully briefed on the findings. SAMS can then help you to follow up on these findings and implement changes, if needed. This could involve updating your safety systems, or undertaking safety training for your staff.
With decades of experience performing site inspections in Kent and across the South of England, we’re ideally positioned to inspect your work site, and spot problems with your practices before they escalate. To book a site inspection, please contact us via our contact page.
Interested in construction safety training? Check out:
For any further information, don’t hesitate to contact us.