Health & Safety in Construction Environment (RQF) [Classroom Course] (for CSCS card)
Required to provide a route to applying for the Green Labourer CSCS card.
Duration: One Day
Ofqual Regulated Qualification by Qualsafe Awards: Yes
Take a look at our training schedule for all future QA Level 1 course dates.
About the course
This course is ideal for people who work in, or want to work in, a construction environment and has been specifically designed to provide successful candidates with a route to applying for the Green Labourer CSCS Card. The course is supported by the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) and will provide a basic awareness of health and safety within construction.
During this course, learners will develop a good understanding of health and safety in the context of construction, so that they can work safely in this environment.
This qualification covers the following topics:
- Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- Common causes of work-related fatalities and injuries
- Method statements and their use
- Health and safety definitions
- Hazards and risks in the construction environment
- Importance of safe manual handling in the workplace and employees’ responsibilities
- Principles of safer manual handling
- Importance of working safely at height in the workplace and employees’ responsibilities
- Hazards and potential risks associated with working at height and controls
- Risks to health within a construction environment (including asbestos exposure)
- Types of personal protective equipment (PPE) that may be used when dealing with hazardous materials
- Hazards and potential risks associated with working around plant and equipment and controls
- Hazard warning signs and symbols
- And much more!
Book your course today
To book a place on our Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course, please fill out our contact form.
Alternatively you can email us at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.