Periodic Driver Training CPC
Duration: 1 day
About Periodic Driver Training
All professional drivers that require the Driver CPC must ‘Stay Qualified’ by completing the Periodic Driver CPC.
The Periodic Driver is where a driver must complete 35 hours of approved training every 5 years. The 5 year expiry period is indicated on the Driver CPC Qualification Card (DQC).
When a driver completes their 35 hours training within the 5 years, DVSA will then issue a new Driver CPC Qualification Card, adding 5 years onto the previous expiry date.
Once the driver is in their last 5 years, they must then start their next 35 hours training.
At SAMS we offer the following courses:
- Drivers Hours LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Vehicle Check LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Driver Compliance LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Defensive & Safe Driving (Inc. Fatigue, Drugs & Alcohol) LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Customer Care LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Health & Safety (Fire, COSHH, Risk Assessments) LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Safety of Loads LGV (3½ hours)
- Vulnerable Road Users LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Manual Handling LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Basic First Aid LGV/PCV (3½ hours)
- Emergency First Aid at Work LGV/PCV (7 hours)
Who needs to have Driver CPC
You must have Driver CPC if you drive a lorry, bus or coach as the main part of your job. You must do 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years to keep it.
Attending a training course
When attending your Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) training course at SAMS, you must bring one of the following with you:
- a photo-card driving licence
- a valid passport
- a digital tachograph card
- a Driver CPC card
SAMS will be running training sessions throughout the year. Take a look at our training schedule for more information about our forthcoming training.
If you have more than 6 candidates SAMS can offer the training to you in-house. We can deliver this training for up to 14 candidates at our training centre in Manston Kent.
Group prices are available on request.
Book your course today
So enquire now by filling out a contact form.
Alternatively, you could email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.